We are having a bit of a heat wave here in Victoria at the moment. My two favourite ways to stay cool in the hot weather – have cool drinks and stay inside!
While visiting our friend in Melbourne both the stay inside and cool drinks where high on the list. In fact the only going outside we did was when we were working our way from one pub to the next. Which really wasn’t that often!
Jungle Fever: The fever was probably caused by the extremely hot weather! However, I found it very interesting how this very Victorian style pub had this one room with a bit of a jungle theme. And I am so in love with these chairs that I finally know what I want for the last two chairs for my dining room. I’ll keep you posted on that one!
Staying Cool: Wearing my graphic/tribal print peplum shirt from ASOS.com, a pair of white jeans and my black wedges with black, silver and white accessories. When it gets this hot even a glass of white wine doesn’t work so it has officially become cider season. Apple, pear, strawberry…any of them work as long as they are cold! My current favourites are Rekorderlig ciders but there are a number of local makers that attend the upcoming Beer Festival here in Ballarat that are pretty yum too.
There you have my best tips for how to stay cool in the hot weather – cool drinks and stay inside!
How do you deal with the extremes of weather?
- ‘Tis the Season for Cider! (smallchickbigdeals.com)
- My pre-Christmas Purchase from ASOS.com (astimegoesbuy.me)
- State swelters as Melbourne tops 40 (theage.com.au)
- Here come the roaring 40s (theage.com.au)
- Bring on The Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer – The Hot Weather Cookbook – Kim MacDonald (1971) (retrofoodformoderntimes.wordpress.com)