I’m kind of shocked and amazed!?
Thanks to Veronica at revolutionarybeauty.wordpress.com, As Time Goes, Buy has been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. I do feel a little like a fraud, because up to now I don’t know that I’ve been that versatile! Just yapping away about what is in my wardrobe and how hard it is to be on a 90 fast from shopping. But I’ll take the nomination as a sign that you like what we are up to here and that you have faith that we will continue to bring you something good…or at least slightly amusing.
Part of the rules in accepting this award are to nominate 15 other blogs for the award and tell you seven things about myself.
There are heaps of blogs that I look at and a fair few that I even follow. Some are the well-known and well followed fashionista blogs that “everyone” follows and some are smaller. Those that I really enjoy following are those that have a different or unusual voice, make me think or laugh and those that are real people sharing their thoughts and opinions. So for this nomination, I have left off the great and mighty and concentrated on those that make me smile in some way. However, because As Time Goes, Buy is a fashion and lifestyle blog, and you are reading this, I have pretty much stuck to blogs that are similar in hopes that you will like them too.
YasminCruz – http://yasmincruz.me/ - This girl has style and takes amazing and inspiring photos!
Chocolate and Raspberries – http://chocolatesandraspberries.com/ - Great stuff, great style, great attitude!
Thrift Shopping Buzz – http://thriftshoppingbuzz.com/ - A little bit of everything all at a reasonable price!
A-Hem Vintage – http://ahemvintage.wordpress.com/ - Because I love vintage
Lipstick, Lace & Lattes – http://lipsticklaceandlattes.com/ - Because they are coffee drinking fashion fiends just like me!
Lawn Chairs in My Living Room – http://pgb010.wordpress.com/ - Because she can write!
Chasing Yellow Cabs – http://chasingyellowcabs.wordpress.com/ - Because she collects great images and has a wee sense of humour!
Fashion Tag – http://thefashiontag.wordpress.com/ - A true lover of all things fashion
A Confederacy of Spinsters – http://confederacyofspinsters.com/ - These girls are clever, funny and they can write!
Obsessions – http://joybound.wordpress.com/ - Not only does she make time for what she loves but one of her blogs is about not shopping and finding new looks in your wardrobe, so we are kindred spirits.
Truth and Cake – http://truthandcake.com/ - One we love and one we find sometimes hard to swallow.
The Girl Next Door – http://whosthegirlnextdoor.wordpress.com/ - She’s too smart to be the girl who lives next door to me.
Into Mind – http://into-mind.com/ - A little bit of everything.
Helena Handbasket – http://ninhydrin.wordpress.com/ - This girl will make you LOL!!
Cosmos + Cardigans – http://cosmosandcardigans.wordpress.com/ - One to watch. I think she is going to be great!
Now for the really hard bit…
7 things about myself:
- I love fashion! So, you already knew that but I couldn’t leave it out!
- My job that pays the bills is in a hospital. I’m a nurse by trade. Currently working in Access – sounds boring but it’s not, although it’s not working in fashion!
- I’m a dual citizen. My two homes are the USA and Australia. Yes, I am proud to admit both!
- When I was in high school I was a gleek, then I became a geek and now I am a fleek (Fashion Loving gEEK).
- I’m having far too much fun with this blog and it makes me obsess even more about what I am going to wear.
- I have married the nicest man I have ever met. Yeap, the Fashion Mister, is truly a nice guy.
- Things I love besides fashion, in no particular order…family, friends, food, travel and an amazing cocktail or glass of wine.
Thanks for your time!